Logitech Download Assistant is a utility software introduced by the gaming accessories manufacturer giant Logitech that perform the frequent update check for all the Logitech accessories like mouse, keyboard, webcam, driving wheels and many others. This tool is good who like to keep every software up to date and gets instant updates.
As it updates software automatically frequently, some users feel it very irritating and annoying due to it pop up during the system startup. Most of the users feel it annoying and wanted to uninstall or disable it from their computer.
Why users don’t like Logitech Download Assistant?
When we looked at this issue and gathered reports from many users to fix this issue. We ended up knowing that almost every user wanted to disable it and is looking solution to this problem. Every user has a different reason for disabling it. Some of the most common reasons are as follow:
New Upgrade Notifications
For all the Logitech devices, it checks for updates and keeps prompting each time for new update available. Mostly users are fed up this annoying pop up and have reported this issue is solved by disabling Windows startup preference and still some are looking for a possible solution to this Logitech Download Assistant.
Software Installation Suggestions
In addition to Update notifications, Logitech Download Assistant pop ups for other related additional softwares for installation. These might be some sponsored softwares Logitech promoting through Logitech Download Assistant, which is very disappointing for the Logitech users. In order to overcome all these issues, Logitech Gaming Software is sharing a complete step by step solution to this problem.
So, how to disable Logitech Download Assistant?
There are two methods through which we can easily disable Logitech Download Assistant from the computer to get rid of these annoying pop ups.
Disabling Logitech Download Assistant Using Startup
First and one of the easiest way to disable these Logitech Download Assistant irritating pop ups is disabling the Logitech Download Assistant from the Windows startup menu. It’s added to the startup options by default and by navigating to the Task Manager > Startup Tab, you will see all the list of programs which are added to the startup. In order to disable Logitech Download Assistant from the startup, follow these mentioned steps.
- To open up Task Manager, press Windows Key + R to go to run. In the run input field, type taskmgr and hit OK.
- Once Task Manager is open, navigate to the Startup Tab. It will display a list of all programs added to run on startup.
- Find the Logitech Download Assistant from the list and disable it by right clicking and selecting the Disable option. And hit Apply button.
- Now restart your computer and you will notice, Logitech Download Assistant won’t be running automatically.
Disabling the Logitech Download Assistant Using Windows Preferences
There’s another method which can solve this issue for most of the users by simply disabling the Logitech Download Assistant alarms from it’s Preference settings. Users can disable all the Activites and Notifications as well for Logitech Download Assistant. These notifications and switching off alarms will fix the problem. To perform this solution, simply follow up the below steps.
- To open up Windows Preferences manager, press Windows Key + I and choose System Launch Preferences.
- Navigate to Notifications & Action tab and locate Logitech Download Assistant from the populated list of programs.
- Uncheck notifications & activities for Logitech Download Assistant.
- Now restart your computer and you will notice, Logitech Download Assistant won’t display any update notifications and pop ups automatically.
These are the easiest and working methods for most of the users. If it doesn’t work, feel free to query for an issue.